In advance of the 2016 El Niño season, Loyola Law School's Campus Planning office has already made preparations:
- Checked all campus building roofs for issues
- Cleared debris from all drainage catch basins
- Ordered new walkoff mats for the building entrances as needed
- Ordered umbrella stands for classrooms
- Stockpiled sandbags in garage
- Planned to turn off lawn sprinklers when rain is predicted
See rain damage or flooding?
Report any damage or other flood-related issues to the LLS Security Office at 213-736-1121 (x1121 from a campus phone).
Never walk or drive through flooded water. Keep in mind that it only takes 6 inches of water to sweep you off your feet, and 12 inches of water to cause you to lose control of your car. Be prepared for a power outage. If you are outdoors, beware of falling debris, downed trees and powerlines, which should be reported to 9-1-1. You can check the forecast daily at the National Weather Service website.
For more helpful resources, please check: