Statement of Policy
This policy outlines the definitions, responsibilities, procedures, and guidelines for Law School departments, student organizations and outside organizations wishing to sponsor an event with an outdoor barbeque (BBQ) at Loyola Law School.
Loyola Law School departments, student organizations and outside organizations seeking to plan BBQ events may reserve the BBQ grill through Loyola Law School’s food service provider (Bon Apetite).
Procedures & Guidelines for Reserving BBQ Grill
- Student organizations must complete the Activity Form process with the Scheduling & Events Support Services department.
- Law School Departments and outside organizations must reserve the venue through the Scheduling & Events Support Services Office and make arrangements with Bon Apetite for the BBQ grill.
- All perishable food served during the event must be purchased directly from Bon Appetit Catering at bulk rate pricing.
- One Bon Appetit chef must be hired for a minimum of two hours for each event. The two-hour minimum includes half an hour for set up, one hour of cook time, and half an hour for clean up.
- The Bon Appetit staff member will assist with food preparation and supervise all students, staff and faculty who will be preparing food.
- The Scheduling & Event Support Services Office determines locations that may be reserved for events.
- Only one BBQ grill is available for use.
This policy does not apply to events catered through Bon Appetit Campus Services. However this policy would apply to any events catered by an outside caterer.
Note: Any and all BBQ events on campus must be scheduled and approved by the Scheduling and Events Support Services department.