Theme: Preparing the Academically Unprepared Law Student
Presentations might address the following:
- Presentations which focus on teaching writing as a process
- Critical reading
- Rule formation
- Research Plans
- Continuing to teach good writing skills in upper division courses
- Preparing students to work through the writing process with mid-level and senior attorneys
- Developing teaching techniques that take into account not only the generational shift but also students’ cultural and legal traditions
- ESL and EFL challenges
- Collaborating with ASP
- It's not just the memo anymore. Bringing oral communications, electronic communications, and drafting into the classroom.
- Where are legal markets going? And what skills will our students need?
- Hot topics in the legal field
Date: December 4, 2015
Site Chair: Bill Henslee